Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Let the Games Begin


Mr. A


It has been a while since I last posted anything. Honestly, updating my blog is the last thing I should be doing right now. I have a whole laundry list of things that need to get done before my 7th grade students arrive to Mr. Acosta's class at the BWA. I have less than a week left. Less than a week to write two weeks worth of lesson plans, a solid unit plan for Math, ELA and Social Studies, all three subject Unit 1 assessments, and the finishing touches on my investment and behavior plans. Oh, and set up my entire class room while going to two days of training starting tomorrow. Needless to say much needs to be done, and a new blog isn't one of them.

Before moving anything (left)












Because of that I am going to keep this short and sweet (as per usual) and fill in some of the gaps since last time.

-NYC rules. I am having a great time here, but often find the transition difficult.
-Have some great new friends. Many of whom came to my place for my birthday! Which was great. At the same time I really, really miss a lot of my friends in Seattle.
-Wilfred came to visit for 10 days. It was great! I hope he had fun. He easily made my transition to NY a little easier.
-I somehow find myself running into old friends from Seattle or even as far back as middle school. It's such a small world.
-I need a dresser.

Anyway, I want to continue this update with some of the happenings going on in the teaching world. So in the essence of time I decided to just post some pictures of my classroom. These were taken today. My first time being at my school and seeing my classroom. As you can tell I have some decorating to do. So along with the pictures I decided to photograph some of my rough plans for the classroom space. Enjoy.


After arranging desks (above)



Plans for the front of the class. PMA!
Historians Corner

1 comment:

Cam Brown said...

please put a huge straight edge banner in your class and do an hour a day of straight edge 101